Thursday, July 5, 2012

What's that in your laundry basket?

Uh oh.

Last time this happened I ended up with a Benny.

This tiny, half-starved thing was wandering around the streets about 10 min away from my house as I was running after work, and on my way home. I ran past, then stopped, then walked back slowly...


And in the past half hour, I just realized she will still fit in a carry-on cat crate in about 3 weeks...

'-'   We'll see... totally flea-ridden and somehow I am still letting her sleep in my lap right now.


July 10th Update. The house girl who works next door, and lives on the compound already cares for the neighbors' two dogs, G-nut and Pepper. Monica loves dogs, has three children, and her oldest son loves the pup.  I named her Indy... and have already stopped trying to get attached to her. Emirates doesn't fly dogs except in cargo, and she wouldn't survive Uganda to Dubai then Dubai to NYC.  It's just a bit much. I can get another needy animal back home. I'm just glad she will have a happy ending to her street dog beginnings.

She's cute, and naughty, and going to be a rad dog when she grows up one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment